Saturday, August 5, 2017

How do you see yourself?

I read a Facebook question posted a little bit ago asking you brag about yourself. Now, no this wasn't so much of a toot your own horn as much as the author wanted you to affirm yourself. Speak life over yourself.

So often we don't speak life over ourselves. We are our own worst enemies after all, right?



If I'm completely transparent I didn't post, I didn't even open the comments. I can't bring myself to do it.

How come?

I am in a season where watching others succeed is hard. I mentally can't handle it. But more so I have never been good at speaking life over myself. Yes, I can stand tall and proud and proclaim and know that I am the daughter of The King. I struggle with seeing me as He does though. I don't know my best quality and I struggle with how I look, how I talk, how I feel.

Why do we let Satan have such a hold like that over our lives when the author of life declares over us we are His? That we are made in His image and He sees life and good oozing out of all the parts He made that are us.

Why the struggle to point that out in ourselves?

We have no struggle pointing them out in others. Why is the inner question such a struggle?

What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Are you able to "brag about yourself?" To affirm yourself?

Christ gave each of us such unique gifts and talents. Gifts and talents that compliment those He has placed in our paths. Why do we struggle to live in that? Christ sees us so beautifully. Why do we not see ourselves as Christ sees us?



I have never been good at taking compliments. Ever. There are many reasons I could place as to why but I'm not sure anymore how many of those are true or I've just thought them for so long I believe they are true.

We have exactly what God wants us to have. We are strong in the areas He wants us to be strong in and weak in the areas He wants us to be weak in. I'm here today to tell you, and myself, that that is okay. We are meant to have the different strengths and weakness so we can walk alongside each other as the body of Christ not out shining each other but as one solid unit. Covering the areas Christ wants us to.

Why do we walk defeated when we should be walking victoriously? Why do I struggle with recognizing the talents God has bestowed upon me to walk in?

The author of the post said, "God made you to be awesome so I just want you to share a little bit of it with us."

I'm not sure I'm ready to share on there or here. I have a lot of seeking and healing to do. I need to mend the parts of me that struggle with calling those qualities out in myself, but I know that in Christ I'll get there. I'm here to declare today that I am not going to let Satan continue to hold that part of me down.

I pray that if you struggle, as I do, that you declare that over your life as well. I will be praying for you.

Claim today that...

No comments: