Tuesday, January 10, 2017

My One Word 2017

It's the start of the New Year and everyone has plans right? 

Well, intentions in hopes to change this year from last. Better ourselves. Change how we look. Fix what we think is wrong or could be better? 

How are you doing on them so far? 

The last couple years I haven't made any resolutions per say but have sought God on a single word that He wants me to do, learn from, dig into, become, etc for the year ahead. I looked back and found a couple of the words God has spoken to my heart and it's been heartwarming to see what them and read what I wrote about them, and to reflect back and see how that word really was apart of my year without really realizing it. 

Last year was consume. He asked me to consume myself with Him. It was most certainly a year I needed Him like air. I need Him like that every day and every year but this last year felt even more than life support kind of air. I was consumed with Him but the world and the "problems" that surround me most certainly tried to consume me at the same time. In hindsight both won out throughout the year. 

This year though God has smacked me with the word...

This word makes me tear up every time I say it, think about, pray on it, hear songs about it. This word hurts and refreshes all at the same time. This word rocks me to my core. 

I'm very "Type A". I am very much wanting to help carry the weight that is weighing my husband down of the pressure of have zero idea what God has in store through all that has been going on the last 15 months. I have been consumed with God. I have been consumed with my husband and us knocking on doors to try and seek what God wants us to be doing and where he wants us to be. At every knock though.... E V E R Y .... S I N G L E..... knock though God has not opened anything that said this is the way I want you to go. It's been very disheartening and defeating if I can be honest, yet God has remained in control. We vowed not to accept anything unless He said so. Nothing has brought peace except to go day in and day out doing a job we felt was supposed to change but doesn't seem to be. 

So, God asked me to be still. To take each day without any thought of the future. To just be... 

So, to the best of my ability and to the fact that I know being still is going to take a lot of work, a lot of prayer, and a lot of out loud defeating of Satan and his attempts on my thoughts and Type A personality I vow to be


After all... He IS God and I am NOT! 

Being still is not going to be easy for me. My nature is to fix. My nature is to plan. God has a plan for me in this season of being still and as much as I love to fix and plan I can't wait to hear what God says in my stillness! 

Do you have a resolution or word of the year this year? Do you have anything God has been laying on your heart you too are going to need extra prayer over? 

This song is one of my anthem's this year. Every day with every fiber of my soul I repeat this song as the prayer and cry of my heart to our Father.


"Still"
I believe that You are God alone
But sometimes I still try to take control
Cause I get scared when I can't see the end
And all You want from me is to let go

You're parting waters
Making a way for me
You're moving mountains that I don't even see
You've answered my prayer before I even speak
All You need for me to be is still

I bring my praise before I bring my need
Cause there's no fear You've not already seen
I rest my heart on all Your promises
Cause I have seen and know Your faithfulness

You're parting waters
Making a way for me
You're moving mountains that I don't even see
You've answered my prayer before I even speak
All You need for me to be is still

And know that You are God
Be still
And know that You, trust that You are parting waters
Lord, You whispered my name
Oh, You answered my prayer
You're moving mountains

You're parting waters
Making a way for me
You're moving mountains that I don't even see
You've answered my prayer before I even speak
All You need for me to be is still
Be still


No comments: