Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Take Me Deeper... Take Courage My Heart...

Have you ever wanted something so deeply but unsure how to make it come to fruition?

I have felt that way with many things and these days it seems to be a growing list, but one thing that weighs heavy on my heart is a closer walk with God. I can't get enough of Him and long to just bathe in His presence everyday, but so many times I keep repeating "I will sit with Him once the kids quiet down, or go to bed, or...." take your pick. It's all been said and before you know it the day is spent and so am I.

There are so times I will get up when my husband is getting ready for work and I will sit quietly in God's presence but then I don't want to stop and then the kids wake up late, and yep... life. I then feel like I am behind the ball for the rest of the day despite that I started my day with my Heavenly Father.

Why is that?

Why is it that Satan has a hayday with making us push things off or instantly dangle anvils over our heads? Is there a happy medium?

I heard a song today and it made my heart stop, for so many reason, but one reason was because I feel paralyzed with wanting to seek time with God deeper and yet sometimes I beat myself up because it isn't as deep as I'd like. There are times it feels numb because of life's constant tosses to and fro of the waves that keep crashing into us before it hits the shore. Not sure where to start. Like the words to speak to Him are tied so tight around my tongue that I'm sure how to unwind them so I don't try.

I forget so many times that I need not say a word but to just read His Word and let His whispers wash over me. 

Why do I forget that?

Yes He wants me to talk to Him but He wants me to sit with Him too. To listen to Him. To just be with Him.

Why do I forget that?


Am I the only one that feels that way?

I have a couple studies and books sitting on my to-read/ to-do shelf lately. Do you? Do yours seem to carry a theme? Do you notice your books ever cycle like that? Is it just me?

I'm trying not to get stuck in the rut of "it isn't fixed" because I so desperately don't want to miss what "is."

I'm going to declare no more paralyzed feelings but more sitting in His presence.

Going deeper still...

Taking courage that it doesn't matter what life is throwing up being with Him and embracing all He has graced us with is what matters.

"He is in the waiting..." He's just waiting for us to come sit with Him...

He is in the valleys and the mountain tops. He just wants us to sit with Him. To bask in Him. Satan has done such a good job with playing with our minds that we have to do more than that, but we don't. It's all about the relationship. The time spent together. Where He talks to us and we talk to Him.  He just wants us to be with Him. To go deeper still...

Why do we complicate that?

He just wants us to be STILL in His presence... Take courage my heart, stay steadfast my soul... 



SaveSave

No comments: