Monday, July 10, 2017

Laundry, Dishes, Summertime, and Dust Bunnies, Oh My!

June was a total blur... I'm still not sure of how it went so fast!

I looked up Five Minute Friday's prompt today thinking I'd love to link up again, but when I saw it was "Play" I knew there was no way I was going to be able to write one in 5 minutes. June was wayyyyy to busy of a month.

We finished school.
My nephew graduated high school.
The boys had a 2 week long day camp.
My daughter volunteered for a week at a local assisted equine therapy summer camp.
My daughter and I went to Student Life Mission Camp with our youth group.
We had a week of VBS











We got to go enjoy the waterpark a little, a couple movies, and a library trip. But I don't think we felt a slow lazy summer day... yet.

and then July started...

... and I'm not sure one will exist here either. Although this week we haven't really had anything going on it feels too exhausting sitting at home too. Haha! A fort was made yesterday! That was nice.

Summer days seem to be changing. Work and play blend together most days. I long for a fire pit and roasted marshmallows. Tiki torches and long nights outside staring at the stars. Water balloon fights and silly string wars.

Oh I should hit the dollar store! *wink wink*

Okay, back at it.
July is about to get busy again.
For the kids anyway.

Today all three of them are headed off to a local week long overnight local camp. My daughter is excited to be a leader and the boys each to attend. I'm praying it's going to be a great week for them and that growth fills their hearts! I can't wait to hear all about it.

With that being said... MOMMA HAS THE HOUSE TO HERSELF FOR THE WEEK! Daddy will be working all day, home about 5:30, and then back to work by 11:15. Whatever will I do? I can't remember a time E V E R I've had this much "free" time available. Although truth be told I'll fill it with all sorts projects on my to-do list but still. The house is going to be awfully quiet next week.

Then we have birthday party sleepover coming up, dog sitting, 2 boys birthdays in our house, speech and debate camp for a week, a week long trip with Grandpa & Grandma for one, a 2 night stay out of town with grandparents before they leave, and 2 weeks after all of that crazy SCHOOL STARTS!

Seriously... what gives!? I almost feel like I need a summer from my summer. Keeping busy has been good for my thoughts, but bad at the same time.

Summers sure seem fleeting anymore don't they?

No comments: