Friday, April 28, 2017

What was dead will come back to life...

"What was dead will come back to life"... (Sweet words God just whispered to me...)



It's been a hard parenting season lately.

Hard on the heart and it makes a longing for earlier times when life wasn't so hard. Someday, Lord willing, I can go into detail about it, but right now He's asking me to keep walking it without sharing.

I walked out front this evening as my husband and boys were playing four square with a sweet neighbor boy and saw this.

It took my breath away.

I stopped in my tracks and just wanted to cry.

We long ago thought these tulips we planted a year ago were dead and gone. Yet here they are sprouting again. I can't help but feel Christ whispering to me "I am raising something new. You had written them off, but I was busy under the surface."

 I have so much prayer and hope for the new.

My soul is weary and I'm ready for new. 

I'm ready for restored. 
I'm ready for rebuilt. 
I'm ready for strength to return. 

But not just for me; for every member of my family. Each in their own way. So much of "us" has left recently. Has changed. It's hard to watch the waste away at all of the same time knowing the refining is happening.

The New will poke though in His timing. What I think is dead is really only growing under the surface until He calls it forth to reach forth towards the sun.

My soul hangs on for that moment. The moment of breathing above the surface to happen again. The moment it feels all is going to be okay again. Stronger than before.

It'll come.

I will continue to praise Him until and after that day comes. Even if it doesn't come... He is still good and has His plan through it all. His glory will be revealed through every inch.

Without a doubt. 

These two songs keep playing on repeat in my heart. God is yearning for me to spending some one on one time writing out their lyrics and crying my heart out to Him through them. There is so much my heart cries out through both. I desperately need some quiet pen and paper time for what my heart feels with the following lyrics.








He is doing something new with us... 
I have this hope it'll come... 
and even if what I hoped and thought would be our family doesn't come... 
IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL.





We remember all the great things You have done
We believe that greater things are still to come
We remember all the great things You have done
We believe that greater things are still to come



No comments: