Friday, October 7, 2016

When Words Escape Me...

Music soothes the soul.

It's the perfect remedy when I don't have words. I cry out to God through worship and He speaks back to me. There is revelation that comes through the lyrics of those gifted with words and share them. It transports me away from the pain to the feet of the one who takes the burden out of my hands. It allows me renew my soul and lay it all at His feet.

This last year has been the hardest I have lived in a very long time. A very long time. The twists and turns have left me more confused than I have been in years. The growth and revelation of Bible characters who have been shown that I am walking similar shoes with... Indescribable. I pray I never view the Bible differently and only grow deeper.

This last year has brought songs I pray I never forget. That I never forget the life breathed, the tears released, the soft reminders given... I've been wanting to keep a list of the songs as they hit but I sadly haven't.

So, until I can compile that list while I work through all that is going on in my heart and head you'd like to share any songs that God has laid on your heart lately?

I'd love to hear what is on your playlist lately.

God is so good and so gracious in all of the ways He speaks to us and let's us speak back to him!


2 comments:

Dionna said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZrddJPGp1I Battlefield by Svrcina is my newest fave.

{LyndsD} said...

Dionna, That is a great one!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!