Friday, August 19, 2016

Stuck!

Can I be real for a moment?

I feel STUCK.

Stuck between God's promises and his fulfillment of those promises.

I feel like we have been climbing the mountain to God's promise and have even seen/heard the end is in near yet we are trudging up this mountain at a snail's pace. The light is getting brighter and the promise is still there but it still feels like we are stuck without getting any closer to the answer. We keep turning our heads left and right and watching people run past us as if we are standing still.

The visual is so vivid in my mind. I can see myself crying out, "Help!" and "Why?" Yet feeling peace at the same time of knowing we'll make it.

The final bell hasn't rung yet.

I'm reminded to beware of the side roads and arrow signs that say "detour this way... avoid the mud and muck here..."

The story is in the mud and muck.

The muscles and strength are built in the snail's pace and while I don't feel like we are moving upward at all when I turn and look behind we have come a great distance.

What's the old adage? "It's a marathon not a sprint."

Living out God's will and not our own is definitely that. Over every hurdle we show God's faithfulness and provision, and even though this mud pit feels more like quicksand we really are making progress.

Even though we have no idea what the progress is leading to.

Yet, I have resolved to be happy even in the stuck. That if this is where God decides to "leave" us then so be it. The progress to this point alone has been great.

Isn't that alone okay?

No comments: