Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Shadow or Light?

I've been reading the book "Confident Heart" off and on for what feels like forever. I struggle sometimes with getting into or sticking with non-fiction books but overtime I have realized God has me wired that way on purpose. Because without fail every time He has me pick back up what I have set down, like this book, the next pages from where I left off speak to exactly where I am in life and heart. It absolutely blows me away.

Most recently when I got the email from RightNow Media saying that they now have little video clips available to go with Renee's book and I couldn't wait to add them to my reading of the book. The first intro video reminded me of part I read a while back that was major revelation for me! She describes a moment where she was doubting herself before a huge speaking event.

She's putting make up on in her bathroom and as she turns she notices a huge 9 ft. shadow looming over her. She says in that moment she heard God whisper to her... "You can only see the shadow because you have turned away from the light. Turn back toward the light."

Earth shattering whoa right?

I don't know about you but there are many times I allow my "fear to clubber my faith"... that my giant of a shadow seems unbeatable against my pebbles of faith. There is most certainly a peace when I turn back to the light and my giant of a shadow is blown away. Remember dark hates the light!

But how long does it take to turn back?

Sitting in the dark is miserable. It's miserable not only for you but for everyone around you. Dark and negativity loves company and soon you drag down everyone you come in contact with. The light is just as contagious and offers so much better results for your environment. The atmosphere the light produces is one of joy, love, peace, goodness... yep, you've guessed it! All of the fruits of the Spirit. God's riches in our lives.

I challenge you today to do everything in your power to turn away from your large looming shadow of doubt and let the bright light of God's promises blow it away. It won't be easy and we all have a shadow we are battling today; whether it is our marriage, a work situation, our children, friends, a family member(s), our own personal "demons" in our heads.... you name it, we all struggle with a shadow one way or another.

You won't turn off that internal battle and disheartened utterly discouraged feeling until you turn back into the light, but here is the kicker.... it isn't just turning into the light for your shadow that will make it disappear, you have to really claim the light. Believe it about yourself... the truth NOT the shadow. Write it down, shout it from the rooftops, blast it on the radio, post it on your walls, claim it.... receive it.... own it! Recall and receive all God has called you! You have to remember that God doesn't give us fear and doubt! Ever!

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 
2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV)

God has your protected, covered, and victorious. Every time. In every way. Turn your eyes away from the looming shadow back to the one who makes all of the doubts and fears disappear in the arms of his provision and love.

Your fear of it doesn't surprise God either. Remember that. It had to pass through His hands first and he isn't waiting on the other side to condemn you but to love you. Embrace you and protect you.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. 
John 14:27

 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7


Stand up to your Goliath shadows and fling those little pebbles of faith into his face and watch as God uses you to slay them down! 

No comments: