Friday, May 6, 2016

Five Minute Friday: {Miss}

Teaming up with bloggers from all around to write unedited for 5 MINUTES every Friday hosted over at Kate Montaung's. Want to share your 5 minutes of unedited words on a prompt with us? Click over here to join in on all of the fun!

Ready... Set... Go...

This week's prompt... Miss...

______________________________________________________________

Miss... 
What an ominous word these days. There are a lot of things I miss and of course things that I don't. 

I miss the mountains. 
I miss misty rainy days. 
I miss green scenery and sitting on the coast watching the waves. 

I miss my kiddos being small. 
School being more fun and less checklist. 
I miss exploring. 

I miss adventures. 
I miss keeping up with my scrapbooking.
 I miss being spontaneous. 

There are a lot of things I don't miss as well and I am grateful for the growth that there are things I  can say I don't miss anymore. 

As I miss all these things and more though I'm reminded that these days are fleeting and I really don't want to miss the moments that I do have the honor of seeing and experiencing everyday. Moments I sadly all too often take for granted while longing for the things I am missing. The age my kids are right now is so fun. They are seriously my best friends and the things they come up with blow my mind all the time. We get to create new memories that I will later miss as they continue to grow. 

Isn't that always the case. We long for what we don't have anymore or never did have vs embracing what we do. There is a story and blessing in what we do have in the here and now. Maybe our haves are someone else's "misses". Ouch truth huh?  If we stopped to really embrace that thought every time that we stopped to "miss" something... would it change that miss to a current delight? 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your reminder that "Maybe our haves are someone else's "misses"." It's true that it's important to acknowledge the blessings we do have instead of taking them for granted or getting caught up in thinking about the things we don't have. Visiting from FMF.