Tuesday, December 1, 2015

What do you do when God keeps bring it up?

I don't even know what to say or where to start? Seems a theme lately as I still continue to leave this little spot of mine sitting here. I sure do miss it but lack time these days.  So much has been going on though!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday we took a drive up north to see the kids great grandma and words came flooding to me for a post faster than I could type into my phone.

Here is what I wrote...

All the driving today has given me time think back on the last 9-10 years that God has been laying photography on my heart in one way or the other.  

Multiple shoots for friends and family. 
A wedding, maternity, family, etc. 

Each time I've had support and encouragement and words saying "I think God has big plans for you in this area." Each time I would shrug and brush it off and humbly slink off saying "I don't know. I'm not doing anything special." And I would just keep doing little things here and there never chasing that pull God kept bringing up. 

Every once in a while the whisper would fizzle out and I would think "See, I was right." But as faithful as God always is he continues that gentle poking of "Are you going to listen to me yet!?" 

The last couple months his words in this have been much louder! 

So have those same voices of encouragement from over all these years that have kept saying "Now is the time! Trust what God has given you!" 

I desperately need to work on stopping cutting myself down in this area of my life, and while I work on that and tune my ear to hear more of a direct direction God is leading ,I am having fun being behind the camera capturing moments like this for friends that are so encouraging!! 

Ones that are beyond giddy when I text them saying "Sharing your pictures and tagging me already brought a mutual friend asking if I would do their son's Senior pictures." Their response? "Yes! We were wanting to bring you more business!!" 

So, I don't know all that God has in mind. I don't want to get ahead of him in the slightest bit, but his nugging is getting a lot harder to keep ignoring. I really want to be in his will, and I am so grateful for those he's put in my path that are so encouraging.... Whatever that path may be. And if you ask any of them or what it has felt like... 

My own photography business may actually be starting after all these years of me saying "No, he couldn't possibly be saying that." 

We really are our own worst enemies at times huh?? 

So here is to whatever God is planning! I have now 2 Senior shoots to do and possibly 2 families I asked if I could practice more on. Here is to praying the details and taking myself out of blocking whatever he may be saying.... "Are you finally go for what I've wanted you to do now?"


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


1 comment:

Bev said...

Photo's are great!!..It's hard to listen and do when God speaks:)....at least he doesn't give up on us!!