Monday, August 3, 2015

What happened!?

Can someone please tell me where the last MONTH has gone!?!?!? I mean seriously, what gives!!?? 

Just the thought of all the craziness makes me want to tear up with exhaustion. 

I left off with our water leak. Oh our water leak. The second this year... within a month of each other alone. This year sure has been trying for sure. But that isn't even the half of it. July 3rd while enjoying a out back Friday evening with the family I decided a trip the ER was needed for a compound fracture on one of my toes. Oh yes... I have heard it all since then... wear shoes. I know, but I still hate shoes. What can I say?

My toe now is a month to the day from being broken. I'll never forget what it looked like to see the bone poking through and it is still to be buddy taped 24/7. Why? I broke it in TWO places!! TWO! On a joint. In TWO different directions! Crazy huh!? I guess go big or go home. Wait, I was home. I had wanted to stay home. 

Oh well. 
Such is life. 

2 days after I broke my toe we sent our daughter off to church camp for a week in Oklahoma. Then had a week of VBS the week after than. During that week one set of grandparents arrived for 3 days. That weekend was our youngest birthday. Following weekend.... birthday party for said birthday boy. Same day as the party another set of grandparents arrived for a full week. They left on the day of our middle son's birthday. 

Yesterday... first day of our school year. 

**white flag... white flag ** 

Anyone? Anyone at all? 

All in all it has been bad just a lot. Yesterday felt great to have some normalcy back in our lives. We're looking forward to the new school year for sure! So here to normal walking back in... We sure have missed you!

No comments: