Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Can It Really Be?

I can't believe it is that time of year again.

You know the one.... Where the yellow bus' distinctive rumble through your streets becomes the prominent noise heard everyday. Kids hustling and bustling here and there as papers fly out of their backpacks.

We are entering our 3rd week of school here but our state schools started this week. Makes me stop and think.




I simply can not believe summer is over.

It's so crazy to think about. Our Summer Bucket list is still up as we have given till September 1st to complete tasks, despite starting school for us on August 11th. Looking back our summer has been beyond JAM PACKED with all good things... all good things.

Goodbye are the days of sleeping in and just hanging with friends all day if we wanted to, spur of the moment sleepovers, and adventure of random nature. We went and did so many things this summer. Going back through the pictures... whoa. Laughs, friends, adventures, and heart... I think those words best describe this summer for us. By far the busiest yet and looking at the calendar ahead of us I think it was preparing us for what lies ahead.



Upon asking the kids what their favorite moment of all summer their responses were...

"Are you serious!? I have to choose something? That's not possible. We did so much!"

For me I think it simply was everything too. It was full and fun and I'd like to think a good mix of things summers are made of with what we've been given. Sure I long for nostalgic summers to be apart of my kids memories but nowadays I am wondering if those days still exist anywhere remotely to where I live.

Although I have to say I'm excited that it's the start of school again because that means more fun and a new normal is headed our way.

Fall baseball for one. My handsome 7yr old is playing 8u coach pitch this fall. He's been asking for a long while to play and this year we finally get the chance to put him in. He is so excited and we are excited for him. Second practice is tonight and games should start in a couple weeks.

There is something stinkin' cute about 6-8 year old little baseball players huh?



We also are able to attend a local homeschool co-op this year. It'll be more elective based then academics (like Classical Conversations, etc) but either way the kids are super amped and we are adjusting to a 4 day schedule at home to accommodate a whole day being gone and not getting behind in our work.

Mixed into that our girlie will be taking dance again. One class will be through a local city for tap and jazz. It's taken 2 years to find a class with that combo and she couldn't be more thrilled to have finally found one, and the other is through another homeschool co-op and this one I think she is the more excited about. They will be dancing to Revelation Song and interrupting scripture. They will learn to present and etiquette. It's going to be amazing and the teacher attends our church as well. Totally a God thing! Can't wait for that to start!! I am really glad all of these activities start on different weeks; adding one new activity at a time. Not sure I could take all starting on the same week. Yikes!

Just being real people.

So here is to wishing everyone a very great new school year and all that this new season has to bring...

Like cooler temps, can I get a whoop whoop!? ;)

Oh and I mean of course watching all God has to bring as our children grow more and more into who God is shaping them to be as well. ;)




1 comment:

Amber said...

Whoop whoop!!! Bring on fall baby!!! This summer was a blast and I enjoyed the time we got to get together. You are right, it went way to fast.