Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vacation So Far

Well here we are on vacation. I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I am borrowing my dad's computer. It's hard being without my computer and my pictures. A laptop sure would be nice, but the Lord has not placed one in our lives right now. So I will continue to be thankful that I even have a computer at all back home.

So far on vacation we have demolished a closet, that used to be a room, and turned it back into a room. We cut out holes in the walls for the doors and turned a closet, that used to be a closet and what was going to be a shower, back into a closet. Yep it was confusing too, but the back story of it all is even more confusing so I'll spare you the details. Yesterday we scrapped popcorn ceiling off in two rooms. It was fun. I know I'm crazy, but truthfully I'm having fun. My sore muscles though would argue differently, but I am loving the experience and know how I am learning. We are certainly going to be prepared should the Lord bless us with a house one day and we are wanting to do this work too.

We brought school with us and so far it is going smoothly. We haven't had all the time in the world to devout to school throughout the day, but school is being completed just the same. We have done it in the living and heck even the garage while I sanded down 2 old wooden doors for the new bedroom closet yesterday.

 The weather is changing and the crisp in the air, especially up here in the mountains, is exhilarating. I love it. There is a certain charge that is just exciting. Even when we are feeling discouraged. What to be discouraged about you ask? A job we applied for. We felt (and still feel) it could be the one God has been preparing us for. We have heard it's a long process and even though we haven't heard anything that doesn't mean a no. We are just trying to remember and hold fast that this is all in the Lord's hands and HIS timing. He will provide when the time is right, and even though I am actually thankful for the wait and what that could mean as well I am anxious to at least hear something. For my husband's sake and our family's future.

God is in control I know that and I rest peacefully in that. I need to just convince my head to fully get on board on days it feels it wants to let doubts in.

Fall is here and with it new exciting things. Fresh eyes and a heart that wants to see it all. Even though we are here remodeling the time away from our apartment has been good for us as a family. It's been a great trip so far. I wish I could share some pictures but since I do not have a computer of my own I am not able to. I promise to once I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having a good vacation(even if you are working during your vacation!)

Don't you just love that we homeschoolers can have class anywhere?! That is definitely one of the perks of homeschooling, in my opinion.