Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Official... Co-Op is about to start

Our Co-op starts a week from today. I can not describe how I feel about this. I just printed off our family schedules and invoice. I am nervous about this yet apprehensive if that makes sense? My middle guy is very unsure about going into a class all by himself and truthfully it is breaking my heart. Leaving my littlest guy in the nursery with strangers is killing me too. My daughter adapts wonderfully so I am not worried about her.

At the same time, if I am honest with myself, I am sad to be starting co-op. So much has been going on lately and the emotional roller coaster has been almost too much for my soul to bear. I honestly was thinking we might not even be going to co-op because God was going to move us. While this possibility could come at anytime I had it in my head the evidence of something coming was overwhelming and a tad of a coincidence if you asked me. I had shared with my best friend and my husband that maybe I was just grasping at straws and making things look that way. As of right now that is how it looks but we all know how God can work.

So as we enter a new season of our lives and homeschool we are going to most certainly be leaning on God through all of this. I pray my children adapt nicely and that they have fun. My boys especially. I pray that our new crazy schedule doesn't stress or bog us down but brings us joys and growth together. I can't stress enough how much I am praying for my oldest boy... He is shy... quiet... isn't the keenest on being in a place that is new alone. I am most worried about him. It kills me.

Our daughter's dance schedule has now thrown a curve ball into our schedule as well. Her dance teacher texted me yesterday asking if it would be ok to move her up to the next class because the one we signed her up for is beginner beginners and she thinks my daughter would get bored. So we now will be taking dance class 2 hours later than before. Who does a dance class at 6:45 -7:45 at night? That totally throws a kink in our bedtime/shower time routine. This should prove to be interesting.

But I am resting in the fact God has this all under control. He is working and still moving and still guiding. He has never given us more than we can handle and though at the time co-op felt like that is exactly what he is wanting us to do I'm not sure we will be here to see the end of it. Then again we might. Until we know for sure what could happen I hope I am able to tell my heart to stop longing and just soak up every second of the here and now.

To live in the moment I am in.

1 comment:

Dionna said...

I know what you mean about grasping at straws. I think I have done that so many times. We just need to be patient for God's timing is perfect. I have rushed into things before that were not His will - and I just don't want to be in that spot again.

As for co-op. I'm not exactly sure how it works? But "your middle son" is such a sweetheart. If he has someone who is patient with him and gives him time to be comfortable and warm up to his surroundings - someone who is loving - he will do just fine. He was snuggling up to me at the end of one day! (Which I loved by the way)