Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal - Week 3

In my life this week...

We came back from being at grandpa's house and started right into school. Truthfully the first 3 days went well... the last 2 days... not so much. I was really feeling the pull of being tested and really just felt like I wanted to put my life on hold till the answer came. Here we are Sunday afternoon... still no answer... but I am starting to feel better. We need to get working and live our lives no matter the outcome.

This was also our first week of Co-Op. Friday was a lot of fun. Busy from 9:10-1:05 but all in all it was smooth. My middle guy, that I was really worried about, whimpered and was sad when I first dropped him off, but was like "see ya mom" when I had to drop him off after lunch. The craziness of how fast the day goes is going to take some getting used to but I think it will be great.

My middle guy came out of his preschool class saying "Mommy I made friends today!" That alone made everything worth it!

In our homeschool this week... 

We didn't accomplish much as I mentioned above. The words are getting more difficult in our Total Language Plus workbook this session but I think it'll work out great. At Co-Op my daughter began a loom knitting class. They will be knitting a hat for the homeless. To say she is excited would be an understatement!

My favorite thing this week was...

Definitely the end of Co-Op and hearing all about the kids day. How excited they were by some of their classes and how amped they are for next Friday.

I am praying for...

The Lord's guidance on what he started working on this week for our potential future. The silence after that first day is killing me, but as I mentioned below I know God is in control. He has something planned one way or the other. I know this and believe it. I am just praying I stop trying to figure out all of the details before he has even fully set others in motion.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share... 

Here are some pictures from around our Co-Op... all taken via my phone...


Part of the Preschool Room


The Nursery

Where we have worship before we start the school day

Working on her loom knitting homework

No comments: