Tuesday, January 17, 2017

We Keep Marching...

I shared this below on my Facebook last week but I needed to have it here to. A place I can unpack it more. Not just for me but maybe God is wanting to speak to one of you as well. 

We don’t have to understand the “why” of God’s ways. But we do have to keep choosing to follow them. | - @lysaterkeurst #First5
This. 1000x this!!! This is why we keep doing what we're doing. This is why we haven't had any direction shown to us in the last 15 months. We haven't been told to stop marching yet. We haven't been told to shout yet.
"What moves me most about the Israelites’ part in this story isn’t so much their willingness to take that first crazy step of obedience. It’s how they kept taking steps of obedience. Step after step after step. Even though nothing appeared to change … even though there wasn’t a single sign of cracking or crumbling in those massive walls … they kept marching."
“Do not shout; do not even talk,” Joshua commanded. “Not a single word from any of you until I tell you to shout. Then shout!”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭6:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I can't begin to explain much of what I feel God is moving within us. It isn't even close to what we thought in regarding to the path we were headed. I have to say though I'm excited to see what He has in store.

Stillness...

No chasing and knocking down doors...

Sitting still...

"Letting God be God..."

Marching....

It feels good!

No comments: