Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Scripture & A Snapshot: Psalm 139:17-18

This week I was going through saving all the pictures from a trip my family and I took right after Christmas. We had the pleasure of getting to spend some time with my sister and her family for 2 days around El Paso. On the full day we all had there we took a trip a little north to White Sands, NM.

Oh man, let me tell you... if you have never been there... YOU MUST! The sight can not simply be described to an extent worthy of words. It's breathtaking!!

While I was capturing the cousins sledding down the gypsum God whispered to look down at the grains that surrounded my every being. Thoughts of how to buy groceries when the laughter of the trip was over had been flooding my head the whole trip and in that single whisper of "look down"my breath caught. God thought about each and every one of these little grains that I was so thoughtlessly raking my fingers through. The feel was stunning and cool to the touch. While I am sure the 40's-50's in temps helps but it was still very cool to the touch.

God gave me the perfect image within those grains right there in the middle of a missile testing valley that even though those grains were in His thoughts how much more does He see me and will take care of my needs?! In a single moment of looking down and seeing this impression in the sand from where my knee had been propped alongside of the hill each grain looked so profound and visible.



He sees me. 

He sees you. 

He sees each of our thoughts and needs, and even though he holds the entire world in His hands He tenderly cares for each of our needs as He does each grain of sand. The master is carefully tending to each and every one of us. We often forget that but aren't you glad He never does! 

1 comment:

Bev said...

WOW thank you!!! HUGS...and God's richest blessing in the New Year!