Thursday, November 17, 2016

When Biblical Characters Come to Life

The last couple of months God has been bring the Bible to life for me. Literally picking me up and setting me in the middle of the disciples stories. I feel transported to the jail cell with Paul and Silas and into the belly of the whale with Jonah.

He hasn't though transported me as if I was watching a children's video and just learning the story. No, he has set me straight in the scene as it applies to me. As each story goes with the season of my life and how these disciples paved the way to the finish line before me.

I wish I could sit and write for hours to share all that God has revealed to me and I pray someday soon I can. I am curious though... have you ever had revelation or encouragement like that? Where those stories in the Bible came to life as if you were walking alongside Gideon ready to fight on out numbered battle, or crafting a wall around your city with Nehemiah?

I'd love to hear how God has rocked your world with the Bible coming to life for you? Are you walking the similar Damascus road yourself right now? Are you sitting in a boat on a raging sea? Has God shown you how to overcome your doubt like Thomas?

Please share... It's so important to share of His glory and to show the world the Bible applies to the here and now as much as it did back then.

I can't wait to hear from you!


And remember...


Those reminders are just as much for me too... Each of these stories in the Bible showed and spoke of God's provision inside each seemingly impossible feat. Each time, no matter the outcome, the servant/disciple/king grew and their lives changed for God's glory.

He is using you too and what he starts HE WILL FINISH! Hold strong!

No comments: