Friday, June 24, 2016

Five Minute Friday {REST}

This morning I am writing along with other bloggers for 5 unedited minutes on a single prompt handed out from Kate Motaung in Five Minute Friday.... Want to share your heart for 5 minutes too?  Click here to join in on the fun!


Ready...
Set...
Go...

According to the calendar it is officially Summer. According to my calendar we've been off for weeks and are looking at starting school back up in a couple weeks.I feel like it's been the lamest summer with no car and no camps and such to go and do. Life with one car bogs you down most days. We are getting close to assembling our new above ground pool but it feels like our summer is about over now and we won't get to experience much. Days at home inside have been long and filled with mindless things. Yep, lots of TV but we've also gotten up and moved with the Kinect games and friendly challenges against each other. Yet still... not what I had in mind.

But then God gently nudges me and says, "Go back through your pictures so far. Look at your calendar. Write about family life for a moment and just see what I've given you." So want to journey with me then for a moment? Because when we step back and look there really is a lot of life in the "Rest" at home moments.

We've made puzzles, Kinect dance competitions, soap foam fights, turned our rooms into army bases, made a fort, water balloon fights with the neighbors, built a marble run out of legos, and so much more...







It's wonderful how God reminds me we don't need the trips, camps, and countless activities to make a summer... (yes, I agree those are really nice to include!) You just need each other... rest, love and laughter! I guess our Summer hasn't been so bad after all, and even though schoolwork will resume soon the memories will still continue. :) God totally knew we needed to REST this summer and not be all over all the time doing all sorts of things, and I'm okay with that!

Stop...


No comments: