Monday, March 2, 2015

Remembering Job & singing AMEN

There is a moment in my day where I hear God's voice saying... "Daughter, please... " Please could be for a number of numerous topics depending on the day. For the last couple months we have been going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We've been doing his system for years... years... haphazardly and making progress but we certainly were not running with "gazelle intensity." This year though we are and whoa nelly the difference. Not just in our finances but our family and even marriage. Even the kids view our finances and when even your 5 year old holds you accountable to that little white cash envelope you know God really is leading you in the right direction.

With every step in God's will you know Satan is sitting there asking God, "Is it time yet to trip them up!? Come on please? They aren't going to hold true." I picture God just sitting back, looking down and smirking saying, "Oh really?! Remember Job? They've got this! I've equipped them and their eyes are on me. Good luck." It's funny cause over time you start to feel weary, you look up and God whispers one word... Job... it's like water to my soul. I start to snicker, put my head down like I'm a bull running for the matador and I'm running to prove a point. To stand taller and stronger on the other side of that red cape.

I was staring out the rain stained window a couple days ago and just replaying the last couple months and all that it's meant to my husband's profession due to weather and timing in the year. I was praying about the future and what that looks like and the thin path that awaits us for the next month or so. As I was staring out that window God literally spoke to me. He spoke to me so softly and calmly, just like the Father who wraps his hurting child into his arms with their favorite blanket for comfort, and said, "Daughter, why are you worrying about the business and money? Have I not always provided for you all and brought you through to the other side? Do you not see the numbers and that every need is provided for? Keep your eyes on me, keep putting me first in everything, and I will never let you down. This is just to make you guys stronger. I will provide." 

I literally wanted to cry.

I wanted to make my husband stop the car and cry and tell him all God had just spoken to me. He's weary too but he's strong and faithful. He's just exhausted. I pulled out my phone and typed the words into my notes so I would never forget the day, time, and moment. I was reminded yet again that he fills our storehouses for us well in advance if we just listen to his teachings ahead of time. Simple things as dentist visits and cleaning and out of pocket costs. Covering them with money out of pocket without really thinking/fearing where it will come from. He provides by moments of listening to setting it aside for your non-emergency section and months ago you had no idea why you would set it there.

God knew.

He always does.

His little smile to me today when my husband and I could say yes like we never ever have been able to before assured me that as long we keep walking as he asks us to every need is always going to be covered. Even when we least expect it. It gave me even more smirk and eyes narrowed in on flinging Satan out of the arena and standing victorious with God at the end of this test asking Satan yet again...

Remember Job? ....

Now.... Remember US too!

God was with Job and he is with us.

Now, our lives are no where near as "drastic" as Job but through it all Job stood firm and God is reminding us to stand as firm as Job. He did it. God equipped him. He will equip us. He will fill our cups to overflowing and restore our souls.

A couple weeks ago we had the privilege of attending the Rock & Worship Roadshow. One of the opening acts is a new rising Christian Artist that I seriously can not get enough of! I truly think God has us there to get their CD and to hear them live. To refill our souls but to bring that CD home because there is one song on there that I simply can not stop hitting repeat on. It's not one on the radio and it was not played at the concert. However, looking out that rain stained window a couple days ago this song was playing as God breathed his words onto me. It's words were exactly what my heart was crying out and I love how he blessed me with his reminders!!

I simply love this song and what it does to my soul. How it awakes me. How it raises my head and brings tears of living water to my eyes.

I'm remembering Job. I am remembering us, and I am remembering all of God's faithfulness and singing AMEN!


I Am They: Amen

 

I have no words to say
Don’t know what I should pray
God, I need You
God, I need You
Oh Lord, my faith is tired
And tears fill up my eyes
But I will trust You, I will trust You

Whatever comes my way
You have taught me to say

Amen, let Your kingdom come
Amen, let Your will be done
And through the rise and fall
You’re God above it all
Amen, we’re singing Amen

When I can barely stand
You strengthen me again
I will seek You, I will seek You
Though troubles may arise
My hands reach to the skies
I will praise You, I will praise You

Whatever comes my way
You have taught me to say

Amen, let Your kingdom come
Amen, let Your will be done
And through the rise and fall
You’re God above it all
Amen, we’re singing Amen
We’re singing Amen

From everlasting to everlasting
From everlasting to everlasting
From everlasting to everlasting
From everlasting to everlasting
Amen

Amen, let Your kingdom come
Amen, let Your will be done
And through the rise and fall
You’re God above it all
Amen, we’re singing Amen
We’re singing Amen


1 comment:

Dionna said...

Great song!~ I like it.