Friday, April 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday: After

GO

When I first said the word "After" my first thought was literally, "after the music stops what's next?" Gotta love Lecrae. But then I was thinking on it and I thought of worship. After the music stops on Sunday or anyway you use it for worship time what comes after!? Are you filled with the Spirit and ready to take that lifted up spirit of yours out and make disciples or do you leave that worshipping heart in the car? In the pew? In the aisle at church? In your bedroom?

What do you do with the after?

I don't always succeed with my after. I want my after to keep praising God. I don't want to lose it as I hit the door or step out into life and hit the first road bump which is normally getting the littlest guy into his car seat, or the toy that is still laying on the floor. Or arguing children and a whiny hungry dog. I want my after to be beautiful. I want my after to keeping point me and helping other point back to HIM.

What is your after?

STOP

Today I'm linking up with Lisa for Five Minute Friday. Come write unedited with us! You won't regret it!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Anybody who references Lecrae has my heart:) Yes yes and absolutely yes. Your after question will echo in my mind and probably many others, as I'm sure I will ask it of my friends. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Yes! I love this take on "after" what's after the exciting, impassioned, challenging Sunday morning experience? What's after a quiet and meaningful timei n the word? What we do after these moments with God makes all the difference. Thanks for this encouragement. "I want my after to be beautiful. I want my after to keeping point me and helping other point back to HIM." fantastic words. Stopping by from FMF.
http://osheta.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-blogger-after-gods-own-heart.html

Amy said...

You words make me think of another song, "The Alter and The Door" by Casting Crown. "how can I be sure that I do not lose my follow through, Between the alter and the door." There are days that I carry the praise and worship out the door and into my week but so often I allow it to just slip away.

Anonymous said...

I love your take on this - and my heart echoes the same cry....to live out my days worshipping Him...not just on a Sunday...