Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Max

This adorable little doggie belongs to my dad. He literally is man's best friend. He is a rescue doggie. My dad has had him for years now. What makes this guy extra special is he could seriously pass as a twin to a dog I had when I was little.

The coloring.

His demeanor.

Everything. He is a spitten image of Strider.

Max though, as you can tell by his facial coloring, is growing older. Truthfully, and sadly, Max probably won't be with us too much longer. He is showing a lot of signs of aging. This last week I took as many shot of this handsome guy as I could. I tried to capture every moment my children shared with Max too. I showed my dad some of the pictures and his response "It's good you are getting those." I told him I am in total denial that Max is getting too old. I refuse to believe this loveable pup who is everything to my dad could be leaving us soon. The sadness I know that we all will feel with his passing hurts my heart more than words could say.

Max is so much a part of the family as we are. He has us all wrapped around his finger. I hope he stays around for a long time and we continue to share great memories with him. He is very special.



I am linking up with Darcy at Life With My 3 Boybarians and Sweet Shot Tuesday. 

3 comments:

Stephanie at Grateful Heart Acres said...

Max is adorable. We had a boxer for 11 years. She passed away last February. We miss her dearly and felt the same way about her that you do about Max. Enjoy every moment. Thanks for the wonderful photo you shared. Brings back memories for me.

Robin said...

Love the pic of Max!

Dionna said...

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about Strider! Then memories came flooding back.