Saturday, January 22, 2011

L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge - This Moment

This week over at Home Is Where You Start From the L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge Theme is "This Moment". Jen describes it as "a photo that captured a moment you want to remember, it can be a special event, a milestone, an ordinary moment your heart wants to remember, a moment that captures how ordinary your ordinary is...it's really up to you." 


For me it is a moment that happened just last night 




This is my daughter loyally reading Henry and Beezus that she picked out at the library just last week. This is the largest book she has picked out herself to read and as been flying through the pages with much laughter and excitement. This book though was actually only 50 more pages than the last large book she read. Yet she is still so proud of herself {rightly so} and within minutes of finishing this one has picked up her next book and is already well into that one. 


It's an ordinary moment of childhood excitement and love that I want my heart to always remember when I look back on this picture and this time in our lives. She absolutely loves to read! 11 days ago she pledged to read 600 pages this month... tonight she reached 524 pages. IN 11 DAYS! My little girl is growing up and the love for reading and stepping into a book for an adventure just makes my heart soar. 




Do you have a moment like Jen was describing? Come link up today over at Home Is Where You Start From to join in on this week's LENS Photo Challenge! I can't wait to see your pic. 

9 comments:

Janet Rose said...

Wonderful way to capture the heart of the moment of your daughter reading. It's a really neat photo.

Aloha Acres said...

I love to hear that another child has picked up a love for reading. I'm still waiting for that moment with my boys. Maybe one day!?
Great Picture!

Linking up from the L.E.N.S Challenge

elizabeth said...

Beverly Cleary, from my hometown of Portland, Oregon...loved her books when I was a little girl and now my granddaughter is reading them. So fun that your daughter loves them too!
Thanks so your kind encouragement at my blog today!
Elizabeth

Kim Turnage said...

I love this shot! It really does capture the moment and speaks simple pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great moment! My daughter is a reader too... so fun!

Amber said...

I am SO very proud of her!!! She has actually inspired katie to keep track of what she is reading! I love it!!! You are such an amazing mommy! keep up the good work... both of you! Love you tons!!!

melanie said...

Oh that is fabulous!! I remember the first book both of my girls read like this! Awesome moment!

Tiff said...

What a great shot! My daughter loves to read also..I really think she has read larger books then me..haha...I remember when I was young Ioved to read a ton..now with what little time I have if I am reading it is something dealing with homeschooling...I think it is time for me to pick up a novel...love your post! :O)

Hen Jen said...

how wonderful! what a great milestone, good for her! I love the moment when my kids finally take off with a love of reading, it is such a wonderful gift!