Monday, February 26, 2018

Are you "Expecting"

Have you ever sat and wondered why things are the way they are?!

I can't even begin to explain why things are the way they are. It makes zero sense to me at all and I genuinely feel like I am walking out Christ's thoughts are not my own. This is nowhere near a cry for help or whoa is me, but seriously this isn't all entirely the life I asked for.

I hoped to be able to provide for my kids without struggle yet I can only remember a year and 4 months where life wasn't a struggle. I remember telling God I don't know what do with the bountiful that was coming our way and that I didn't want to blow having that much, and now I would give anything to have a sliver of what that was.

I realized in that time I really did hole more hope or security into the fact I could pay bills, pay for needs, and had money left over, and now I pray about how to cover 10% tithe and groceries out of the same paycheck.

Why is the struggle so real?
What is the lesson we are to learn at this moment?
What truth of God's provision are we to live the example of?

Because let's be honest the only way we make it day by day is because of his provision. The provision of credit card debt is evident too. Let's not cover up that fact, but the truth is... a way has happened to provide. Maybe not provide fully things that shouldn't have been provided for. I'd love to be debt free again. Maybe someday we can live that way again before my oldest leaves the house. But the truth is we've always had a roof over our heads. Food, whether the healthiest or not, has graced our table, and we haven't lost each other.

We did life backwards.
Our marriage has been anything but easy.

Yet, through it all, in the times of doubt on each other and God.... God always was faithful. I know that even in this time of struggle we didn't count on, God will also still be faithful.

This year I am to "expect."

I don't know what I am to expect but I am expecting to expect, and can't wait to see!

I pray that while you may be struggling that you too are to expect... and know.... that HE WILL SHOW UP!

The flood will come.

And at some point.

The dry season will be over.

No comments: