Sunday, December 14, 2014

It's so much more...

Ever be included in something hat makes you stop and realize this... all of this... is so much bigger than you? This event helps restore your faith in America and those who are in it loving on those that have helped you to stay here and to be FREE?

This weekend was one of those moments. A moment full of love and tears. A moment of in your face realization, a reminder, that there are families and precious hearts and faces attached to those you fight and have paid the ultimate sacrifice for ME. For YOU.

There are little babes, and not so little babes, and wives and husbands who don't have their loved ones coming home at night because they paid the ultimate sacrafice. Their loved one is gone for ME. For YOU. For THEM.

There were tears.
Oh where there tears.

There was hugs.
Oh the hugs.

There were smiles that went on for days and the LOVE. The resilience. The honor. The hope. The family of not being alone for each of these families.

To be apart of saying "Thank You" to these families who's loved ones went to fight for this country and the freedoms so many take for granted was simply put... beyond words. To hear about the amazing group who has put this on for the last 9 years.... speechless. To hear the desire of your kids through their tears of gratitude and how they were touched on how they want to volunteer for the whole event next year... priceless.

The children of Snowball Express... The families and fallen warriors that are represented... Thank you isn't even close enough. You all are seriously our heroes and to know there is an event like this out there for the children, loving on them, showing them they are not alone, and honoring their loved one is so incredible! It really makes me sad we didn't know about this sooner.

Each carried a balloon for their fallen hero. Each said a prayer and wrote a message to their fallen warrior and sent them to Heaven. Each said thanks for being there as they walked by. I said "Thank YOU" back but I wanted to run and hug them each and telling them the thanking should be us to them. Their sacrifice. Their service as a family. Their hearts.

I'd give anything to sit and listen to each of their stories. To hear all about their loved one that fought for us. To let them share their memories and for them to know they did not die in vain and for nothing. For them to know we will always... ALWAYS remember. They all will never be forgotten!

From Snowball Express on describing who they are:

Snowball Express remembers those fallen heroes who will never return, and honors the supreme sacrifice their families have made.Since 2006, the mission of Snowball Express has been a simple, yet profoundly important one: Provide hope and new happy memories to the children of military fallen heroes who have died while on active duty since 9/11. We bring children together from all over the world to the Dallas Fort Worth, Texas area for a four-day experience filled with fun activities. Snowball Express serves the children who will never be reunited with their mom or dad.

Wow, right!?

People asked if their children to have their picture with us standing there? Seriously!? Again, it should be US asking to take our pictures with YOU. YOU are the heroes. Your LOVED ONE helped make it possible for us to continue to be free.

We honor and thank YOU!!!!

Is it next year yet!? Because we can not wait to see you all again!!

To the teenager who came up to me after walking away from her mom to come hug me saying, "You can't cry because if you cry then I will cry and I am an ugly crier." Then gave me the biggest hug. You shook me to my core. You my dear are amazing and your Dad would be so proud. I can just tell. To the wife who walked up to me and gently tapped me on the shoulder with a kind smile and tears in her eyes and just wrapped her arms around me... You my dear, oh you my dear, shook me too!! I'd give anything to sit and hear your story about your husband. You and your sweet son made my heart soar. What I wouldn't do to say,"Thank you" again, to both of you sweet girls! I keep scouring pictures hoping to find your faces again to tell you what your actions meant to me. I keep scouring for a like on every hashtag hoping one may be you two. I will never ever ever forget you! EVER!! And I am praying so hard to find you girls next year! My arms and heart need to see you both again!!

I encourage each of you to please go search the hashtags #SBE2014 #aasnowball2014 #snowballexpress #walkofgratitude on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. I promise these kids are going to steal your hearts and their love and hearts to know their loved ones are not forgotten... Have tissues handy.

So much love! So much respect! Oh just so much amazingness! Such a wonderful event for these children. It was beyond an honor to honor you and we can not wait for next year!!






No comments: