Thursday, September 25, 2014

Such is life... But Jesus dealt with it too.

I'm struggling.

ooo yea a happy post!? heehee...

I am though.
The family ties I was born into are hard on the soul.

Negativity.
Selfishness.
Heartless comments.
The list goes on and on sadly.

I try hard not to let them bother me or affect me but truth is it's getting hard to rise above and pretend like the snide comments are "ok." If you want even the slightest bit of contact you have to continue to smile over text or fb when rude heartless comments are made (mainly directed at other family members) and you know the heart of the person saying the snide comments are not in the right place. That they purposefully want to hurt someone else. They hope you will join in.

I won't.

Ever.

Hate to break it to you.

But it's hard because I am not the only one that sees it or feels it. How do you comfort that? When it only bothers me that is one thing, others noticing is something entirely different.

Especially when it's your kids.

It's hard to walk a path where you try to value the other people every time you "talk" to them but you know they could care less about valuing you or anything you like/care about.

It's such an interesting line.

One line however that makes me eternally grateful is for the non-blood relationships God has blessed us with of those that we not only love and cherish but the feelings are mutual and returned.

Jesus reminds me that even he was "unaccepted" among "his hometown crowd." Siblings took a while to "accept" and so forth.

Now, I don't want a "oh it's all about me acceptance thing" but I think y'all know what I am meaning. Jesus has walked these shoes before me as well. As uncomfortable and questioning that it is, it is nice to know I am not alone and really do have people who care.

So, I will continue to be like Christ and rise above. Turn the other cheek and pray when the comments are made for God to heal my heart not only for the hurt in my heart for me, but for them (As they seem hellbent to live so unhappily/negative, all about them, and unaccepting and so forth), but also to heal the hurt in my heart towards the people the others are digging at as well. If that makes any sense at all.

Family dynamics.

Oi.

2 comments:

Dionna said...

You can always spill your heart to me. I'm here to walk through life with you. I do understand.

Janet Rose said...

Just realized I was logged in under my husbands account. Sorry!
Family dynamics...oy vey! Have some of my own to contend with. May God grant us wisdom!!!