Saturday, April 13, 2013

Heartbroken

I am having one of those moments. You know the moment... where you know better than what your heart is screaming but it wants to scream at the top of it's lung THIS ISN'T FAIR!!!!

I just found out a dear dear friend of mine has cancer...again. I truthfully didn't know about the first time. They are very private and since living thousands of miles away it makes it hard to hear. Her sister sent out a prayer request. We just saw her in October. She has battled one cancer to find out she has another cancer now... unrelated. I am bawling!! This beautiful woman was such a pillar of strength for me when my world had caved in and my walls were being rebuilt. Her children my daughter's best friends. We didn't hang out all the time but we didn't have to. Every Sunday we saw each other and the times we got together was always as if we talked every day and never stopped. Her husband a huge light for my husband in his rebuilding process.

We have walked very similar paths.

Why is she going through this? I know there are reasons and as the words come out I know they are not what God wants me to say. She's been/ They have been through soooo much over the years. I don't understand. My heart is broken for them. What is the etiquette from here to tell my friend we are praying?

The miles stink!! Oh they stink!! Why are we here and they are there going through all of this? Yes, there is family and friends up there to walk with them and help, but I want to be up there too. I want to hug her and hold her precious girls. I want to take this all away from her and sit and laugh together like before.

Why this season? Why this season of us being here? Why this season of illness in her? Why, why, why?

I know God will heal her. I claim God's healing on her. I claim strength for her and her family. I just want to touch Jesus' robe cause I know it will heal her. I want to be there for her soooo bad.

God is in control though.
God is in control.
God is in control.

He is the great healer. I've seen it. All I can do from here is pray and praying is exactly what I will do. Praising Him through this storm of theirs. One moment ready to rejoice in healing from one cancer to the wind being knocked out the next. God knows what he is doing. I pray they feel his arms wrapped around them. Oh I can't imagine what is going through their heads and hearts right now. The Great Physician will heal her!!!!

God is going to heal her!
I just wish I could be there to walk this with her, hug her, and love on her.

Heal my friend, Lord. Please heal my friend.

1 comment:

Janet Rose said...

I am so sorry! Trust God's character when you don't understand His plan.